Last Updated: June 21, 2023
We understand that when you visit our Website located at defiway.com (“Website”) you trust us with your personal information.
I. Personal Information
Personal Information refers to any information that can be directly or indirectly associated with a specific individual or entity. This may include but is not limited to, the person's name, address, phone number, email address, payment information, unique device ID, device location, IP address, usage data, and other relevant information.
II. Information that we collect
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Services, when participating in activities on the Website or otherwise contacting us.
- Email address;
- Wallet address;
- Digital signature created by your wallet;
- Any other information that you choose to provide to us when registering or filling out a contact form on the Website;
All personal information provided to us by the user must be true, complete and accurate, and the user is required to notify us of any changes to such personal information.
III. When we collect your Personal Information
We only collect and store information provided by you when you communicate with us by web-based form, including when:
- we provide you with access to the Website;
- we provide you with assistance or support for our products or Services;
- you request that we provide you with information concerning our Services;
- you upload or submit information to us or our Website; or
- you complete any forms requesting information from you, including on registration with us, complete any survey or provide feedback to us concerning our Services.
Where practicable we will only collect information from you personally. However, we may also collect your information through our partners and third parties who supply services to us.
IV. Collection purposes
We use personal information collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes described below.
We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations.
The information we collect or receive may be used to:
- Maintain your account;
- Provide services to you;
- Verify your identity and keep a record of your interactions with us;
- Process transactions;
- Identify and suggest services that may interest you;
- Improve and enhance our services;
- Protect our rights, interests, safety, and property, as well as those of our customers, service providers, and other third parties and affiliates;
- Investigate and prevent fraud, consumer protection or network abuse, and protect our users;
- Comply with our legal and statutory obligations.
V. Marketing and Advertisement
We may use your personal information to notify you about our new Services or to inform you about promotional activities that we believe you may be interested in. If you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional material from us, or you prefer to receive them through specific channels, you can contact us at any time through the “HELP CENTER” button on the Website and we will endeavour to comply as promptly as possible.
Occasionally, we may also contact you regarding the management and administration of your account. Such communication can occur through any of the channels you have provided when registering as a user. These communications are not related to your opt-in or opt-out status for direct marketing communications.
VI. Protection of Personal Information
We strive to implement reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial measures to establish appropriate procedures to safeguard and protect any information that we may hold about you.
Notwithstanding that we will take all reasonable steps to keep your information secure, data transmission over the internet is never guaranteed to be completely secure. We do not and cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from any online services.
VII. Information Disclosure
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with our third-party partners and services providers upon your consent obtained in either writing, online, through "click-through" agreements and downloads, upon acceptance by you of the terms of disclosures for certain services or by other means when you interact with our third-party service providers.
VIII. Transfer to other countries
In order to provide you with our services, it may be necessary for us to transfer your information to other countries where we have the necessary infrastructure and facilities. By using our Website and Services, you consent to the transfer of your information to countries outside of your own.
Cookies refer to small text files that are placed on your device when you visit our website or use our Services. These cookies allow us to recognize your device and collect certain information about your browsing activities on our Website.
X. Retention Period
XI. Policy Modification
XII. Contact Us
If you wish to have your information deleted, please contact us using the details above and we will take reasonable steps to delete the information (unless we are obliged to keep it for legal or auditing purposes).